Thank you for visiting Tin Can Junction!
My name is Jay Winters. I worked in the corporate world for over 20 years in technology. I have a long history with different types of technologies from desktop, mobile and corporate infrastructure. Over my career, I held many jobs like technical support, analyst, engineer, project manager and department manager. In those jobs, I learned a lot about technology and business, but there was always a desire to be outside and have more freedom from the 9 to 5 grind.
I have always loved the outdoors and decided to travel in my RV for a while. I got to see much of the country and met many amazing people. I am getting older, so I started thinking about the long term.
I grew up on a farm and have always loved the farming lifestyle. I realized that I want to live a simple, happy, healthy life. For the past several years, I have been simplifying my life and trying to break free from the commercial rat race. I’ve read countless books on sustainable living, self-reliance, and preparedness. I have always been fascinated by small-scale farming.
So here I was loving both technology from my years of work and sustainable living. Then I made a decision; I want to create a website that would allow me to do both.
Tin Can Junction is a community for people who want to live a simpler lifestyle. The goal of this site is to provide “you” the visitor with:
- Compelling Content: Provide outstanding informative content on technology, lifestyle, self-reliance, and preparedness.
- Education: Provide the community with educational information. Bring the community information on “How to” make small meaningful changes in your life.
- Products and Services: Offer and build products and services that will enhance and educate the users.
- Reference and Information: Provide users with useful reference information.
- Partnership: Create robust and lasting partnerships within the small-scale sustainable living community to offer products and services that benefit users.
- Clean Site: Tin Can Junction is a family oriented site. Adult content and foul language will not be permitted in comments, posts or by partners or sponsors.
Like anything in life, I can’t build this site alone. I am always looking for feedback, partners, and friends to help along the way. I welcome feedback on the site.
Support and Feedback
If you have issues, comments or feedback about the website site, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are interested in being a guest writer for Tin Can Junction, please contact us with your idea at:
If you are a business owner and would like to partner with Tin Can Junction, please contact us at:
If you would like to participate in a link share exchange with Tin Can Junction, please use the following instruction:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, include the following information:
- Website Name
- Website URL
- Short description of your website 1-3 sentences
- Contact email
- Once we receive the request, it will be reviewed for approval.
- If approved you will be informed via email
- We will place a link to your site on our website.
- We will provide the same information listed above for Tin Can Junction in the approval email.
- We ask that you place our link on your website.
If you would like to interview me for your website or would like to be interviewed by Tin Can Junction, please contact us at: